Shoutbox

Fawn

September 23, 2018, 06:29:58 PM
For help on how to upload photos to the forum see the attached link ;D http://www.englishspringer.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13731.msg170319;topicseen#new

Fawn

January 12, 2018, 07:09:40 PM
Easter eggs :o

lolly

January 11, 2018, 10:56:00 PM
Just trying to get over the shock of seeing the easter eggs on the shelves of our local co-op last week >:(

Roxylola

January 11, 2018, 05:27:37 PM
Baddog finished off a bit of ice cream she found in the freezer at the weekend, and has been obsessed with the bin this week.  :D

ealcapitan

January 10, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
Iíve been at yoga and checking our cows and my hebribabies :023 It is very quiet :(

Fawn

January 10, 2018, 08:36:16 PM
Where is everyone  >:(

harveydog

January 01, 2018, 10:39:14 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope 2018 is kind to you all and brings lots of fun for your Springers x

Sgurr

December 24, 2017, 05:43:59 PM
Remember Santa Paws is coming tonight! Hope you have all been good dogs and get lots of treats and toys.  Merry Christmas everyone!

Fawn

December 20, 2017, 07:04:05 PM
Hi Chippey, Iíve posted your question here for the members to hopefully help on.  http://www.englishspringer.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13547.new#new

chippey

December 20, 2017, 05:25:36 PM
hi guys was wondering if anybody knows of treatment for yeast infection.(pink feet)that dosnt need vet visit

ChrisR

December 10, 2017, 09:33:49 PM
Bella is 15 months old  We've just moved from Devon to Norfolk, and were so proud when her new vet said "She's perfect! And so beautiful! Bella's going to be spayed on Tuesday (she has a little hernia) and we're concerned about the collar she'll have to wear. We've bought a comfy collar, but

SteveHG

August 07, 2017, 06:36:46 PM
#AnimalRescueLive on @Channel4 at 8pm. The pawsome Kate Quilton, Steve Jones & The Supervett join our furry friends in #Newcastle

Fawn

June 16, 2017, 09:16:15 PM
Bless you Lizzie x

Countrygirl4

June 10, 2017, 08:57:17 PM
Sent you a PM Fawn.

Countrygirl4

June 07, 2017, 09:35:34 AM
Good morning!

Sgurr

May 24, 2017, 02:31:17 PM
LMB, I've forwarded it. E.

LMB

May 24, 2017, 01:23:29 PM
ealcapitan: sent you PM via Enid. Thank you

Roxylola

May 16, 2017, 09:14:20 PM
 :wav:

Fawn

May 16, 2017, 06:17:00 PM
Well done Steve  :wav:

SteveHG

May 16, 2017, 05:51:54 PM
We are back. The forum has been down since last night, but after a lot of hard work we are up & running again  ;D
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 03:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 168892
  • Total Topics: 12899
  • Online Today: 12
  • Online Ever: 105
  • (February 27, 2017, 12:29:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Author Topic: Insurance Cover  (Read 88 times)

Joyce

• Ultimate Member
Insurance Cover
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:31:05 PM »
Hi, first time I've posted in ages, hope everyone is ok  :)

Barney broke his leg 3 weeks ago and it turns out he has 'springer elbow', and has had to have a plate and screws put in to repair the fracture. We only had £1000 cover per condition (with a £99 excess  :(), so it's been a bit expensive, but what has taken me aback is that they've now excluded the affected leg totally from all future cover.

I'm wondering if this is standard and if there is any point in me trying to shop around when the renewal is due to find an insurer who would only exclude anything to do with the actual elbow?

We've also got to have a screw put in the other one as a preventative measure and that's not going to be covered either  >:( 

ealcapitan

• Ultimate Member
Re: Insurance Cover
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:33:02 AM »
Poor barney  :í( How is he recovering?

Thatís a shame about your insurance. A new policy with a new company will probably exclude all legs and bony things but you may get better cover for other conditions? Youíll probably have to phone potentials and ask them Iím afraid!

Bessie Pup <3
Meg 05/03-07/15

Fawn

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:47:30 AM »
Hello,

So sorry to hear about Barney  :'(. I hope heís recovering well.

All insurance companies are different Iím afraid & I know not all are like you have said. I know mine are for life cover policies & will keep covering on going illnesses & issues etc. 

Might be worth having a good look on the web & making some calls.
Fiona, Hollie & Kensi!

Never forgetting Fawn.

Educating Alice: The Essential 4-Step Guide To Training The Perfect Puppy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Educating-Alice-Essential-Training-Perfect/dp/0995490104/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472756682&sr=8-1&keywords=educating+alice

Lynda

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:57:35 AM »
Oh poor Barney, do hope he is soon on the mend  :love4:

Sorry you have met with this problem with your insurance. It's like trying to navigate your way through a minefield weighing up the so many pros and cons to choose the right one.

I agree, no harm is done by looking at other insurance companies and their policies especially on existing health conditions and cover offered, and yes phoning them is better to ask questions and get a clear understanding on what exactly they cover if you switched and also for the future.

lesnpete

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
Sorry to hear about Barney - hope he recovers soon.  I'm afraid we had a similar (thought not as expensive) problem with Finn.  When he was castrated, the vet checked him over and found an ear infection, which he treated.  The vet encouraged us to claim on the insurance, which we didn't really want to do.  Sure enough, having claimed we suffered the double whammy of no payout (the excess was the same as yours and the ear infection cost less to treat!) and the exclusion of "ears" from his policy, and from any other policy we have tried to start since then.  I don't think we have a for life policy, but we have not been able to swap to one without encountering the "ear" problem.  I hope you manage to sort something out.  We are now considering ditching insurance altogether and starting a savings account for Finn which will work like insurance if we need it, but if anyone else knows of a way round this situation, I would love to hear ...

seomac

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
I've posted a few times about insurance on here. The infuriating thing about them, they hide behind the wording,if a dog is intact after 2 , not neutered , and develops a cancer related, ie testicular, you're not covered. They 'reserve' the right to withdraw or amend cover, in other words, when Sam was 10, I got a letter saying death of pet payment was no longer available. Yet 2 years later when Harry appeared, it was included on a quote my brother got for him, from same company.The same company quoted me Ä20 more for Harry, when I asked a quote, from my other address. In Ireland there's a few options around other than big names, sad thing is they're all underwritten by same source.I can get car insurance going up because of an accident, but pet insurance, going up after a claim ,fair enough, but excluding cover also
stinks a bit,I had 2 mediumto small claims for Sam, never queried the rising premium, tho it had more than doubled as he got older. Another thing, when Sam was 8 weeks old,at his 1st vet visit, the vet was promoting insurance, with free month, fast forward 12 years later, vet no longer promotes life insurance, & advised to choose carefully. As with LesnPete Harry's got a bank account, keeping the debit card out of his reach mind  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:43:24 PM by seomac »