Shoutbox

Fawn

September 23, 2018, 06:29:58 PM
For help on how to upload photos to the forum see the attached link ;D http://www.englishspringer.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13731.msg170319;topicseen#new

Fawn

January 12, 2018, 07:09:40 PM
Easter eggs :o

lolly

January 11, 2018, 10:56:00 PM
Just trying to get over the shock of seeing the easter eggs on the shelves of our local co-op last week >:(

Roxylola

January 11, 2018, 05:27:37 PM
Baddog finished off a bit of ice cream she found in the freezer at the weekend, and has been obsessed with the bin this week.  :D

ealcapitan

January 10, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
Iíve been at yoga and checking our cows and my hebribabies :023 It is very quiet :(

Fawn

January 10, 2018, 08:36:16 PM
Where is everyone  >:(

harveydog

January 01, 2018, 10:39:14 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I hope 2018 is kind to you all and brings lots of fun for your Springers x

Sgurr

December 24, 2017, 05:43:59 PM
Remember Santa Paws is coming tonight! Hope you have all been good dogs and get lots of treats and toys.  Merry Christmas everyone!

Fawn

December 20, 2017, 07:04:05 PM
Hi Chippey, Iíve posted your question here for the members to hopefully help on.  http://www.englishspringer.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13547.new#new

chippey

December 20, 2017, 05:25:36 PM
hi guys was wondering if anybody knows of treatment for yeast infection.(pink feet)that dosnt need vet visit

ChrisR

December 10, 2017, 09:33:49 PM
Bella is 15 months old  We've just moved from Devon to Norfolk, and were so proud when her new vet said "She's perfect! And so beautiful! Bella's going to be spayed on Tuesday (she has a little hernia) and we're concerned about the collar she'll have to wear. We've bought a comfy collar, but

SteveHG

August 07, 2017, 06:36:46 PM
#AnimalRescueLive on @Channel4 at 8pm. The pawsome Kate Quilton, Steve Jones & The Supervett join our furry friends in #Newcastle

Fawn

June 16, 2017, 09:16:15 PM
Bless you Lizzie x

Countrygirl4

June 10, 2017, 08:57:17 PM
Sent you a PM Fawn.

Countrygirl4

June 07, 2017, 09:35:34 AM
Good morning!

Sgurr

May 24, 2017, 02:31:17 PM
LMB, I've forwarded it. E.

LMB

May 24, 2017, 01:23:29 PM
ealcapitan: sent you PM via Enid. Thank you

Roxylola

May 16, 2017, 09:14:20 PM
 :wav:

Fawn

May 16, 2017, 06:17:00 PM
Well done Steve  :wav:

SteveHG

May 16, 2017, 05:51:54 PM
We are back. The forum has been down since last night, but after a lot of hard work we are up & running again  ;D
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 23, 2019, 08:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 1885
  • Latest: Beth-m
Stats
  • Total Posts: 169187
  • Total Topics: 12919
  • Online Today: 43
  • Online Ever: 105
  • (February 27, 2017, 12:29:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Author Topic: Uh-oh - whining again!!!  (Read 59 times)

lesnpete

• Snr. Member
Uh-oh - whining again!!!
« on: December 18, 2018, 08:56:38 AM »
Having proudly announced to this forum that we had managed to stop Finn's early morning whining by using an alarm clock and only getting up when it goes off (which means it can be set for any time), which in turn meant that Finn came to associate the sound of the alarm with getting up time and did not whine until he heard it ...... WELL .... for some reason he has started to whine again about half an hour or so (sometimes earlier) than the alarm.  This has been going on for a few weeks.  I really don't know what to do (apart from buying some ear plugs!).  He gets plenty of exercise and mental stimulation.  He eats really well and always has a stock of water near his crate.  He has always loved his crate and goes to it voluntarily during the day as well as at night time.  Any ideas before I invest in the ear plugs???

Kate1710

Re: Uh-oh - whining again!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »
When does he get fed? Alf only ever makes a fuss in the mornings if Iím late getting up and heís hungry. You could try feeding his evening meal later to see if that helps? Is it possible he needs the toilet? Sometimes if itís raining last thing at night Alf only does a small wee because he doesnít want to stay outside, so he needs to go earlier in the morning!

seomac

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »
It might be he's gotten used to the original routine. What if you get two old t shirts, one from each of you maybe, leave one in his bed when you're turning in, take it away when you get up. Alternate between the t shirts, every day or two,so he won't get too used to one scent, might work. Harry waits quietly either on the stair or outside my bedroom door,each morning, waiting on his walk. It could well be Finn needs toilet, but as they mature their bladder control does improve, they can hold a bit longer, but if he needed number 2 then . I think if he's a devoted dog. Harry is, he's just a bit impatient to see you, & he's letting you know, If I turn or yawn in bed Harry can hear from downstairs & bounds upstairs pretty sharpish.

lesnpete

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 04:36:47 PM »
Interesting!  To answer you, Kate, he gets fed in the morning around 7.30 - 8.  We have always fed him at this time as it coincides with us getting up and getting our own breakfast.  Before his breakfast, he has a brief run out and has a wee and a poo (regular as clockwork) although he never seems overly desperate for either.  After breakfast he has his first "proper" walk of the day.  He knows this routine well as we have kept to it since he was a pup, eighteen months ago (eek, doesn't time fly).   As for his evening meal, we feed him around 6 after he has had his last proper walk of the day.  He usually spends the evening slumbering and then has his "crisps" (Dentaztix) after which he always has a wee and poo - regular as clockwork.  Sometimes he has one final wee before bed but if it's raining or he is fast asleep, he usually passes on that one!

So, I may well try the t-shirt option.  His crate is in the porch, which is shut off from the rest of the house at night.  He has never been upstairs, let alone our bedroom, and he is very familiar with his own bedroom and the routines around bed time and being shut in until morning.  I'll give the t shirt rotation a go though and will report back!  Thanks